Friday, October 15, 2010

Heading Out to Sea


Helene, Loriane, Gloria and I are going on a Mediterranean cruise after all.  Helene found one that is 8 days and 7 nights, for 390 Euros, which is about $80 per day Canadian. We depart from Marseille, France on Sunday, then to Ajaccio (in Corsica), Valetta (Malta), then Naples, Civitavecchia/Rome, Elba, and back to Marseille. We are driving to Marseille--probably leaving here on Saturday morning and spending the night in Avignon.  It’s a 3-star boat, the Costa Marina, and we have inside cabins, but that’s just for sleeping anyway.  We get into port at each of our stops, so there is plenty of time for exploring.  I will probably take a tour into Rome--- how could I miss that?  I can barely imagine that I am actually having this experience. 
I hope to post about the cruise, but may have to wait until we return, as I am not sure how Internet access works from the ship--- it is available, but the cost may be too high. 
The weather has turned colder here, the summery days are gone, and I am told there will probably be snow on the mountains when we return here, on Oct 24. The valley where we are still stays quite mild all winter.  And not much rain either. It’s just about perfect, from what I hear.
Thanks to all who encouraged me to take this marvelous trip!  I really never thought I would get here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment